Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Green Cauliflower & Wild Rice Dish

I bought the green cauliflower on a whim and wasn't sure what to do with it. Then I noticed the wild rice in the pantry I've had forever and thought I'd make a creamy soup. I first browned the wild rice in olive oil (not sure if that did anything - ha! and added some yellow onion. Then I used the Crockpot so I didn't have to watch the rice on the stove. I poured in some white wine and a can of vegetable broth (trying to use stuff up...can't you tell????) and when the rice and cauliflower were cooked, I cooled it down and refrigerated it to eat the next night (you know...a quick meal I can just add flower and milk to make it into a creamy soup... Well, instead I didn't make it as soupy and it actually turned out pretty good. I think this might have been good with turkey and/or sausage meatballs, but I would've needed to go grocery shopping for that. :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment